Become a Member
As a member of Tourism Toronto, your business will benefit from strategic exposure, effective business leads and inside industry access. Our membership programming functions to help you, our valued member, thrive in a competitive tourism market. Tourism Toronto is your partner for success.
We put your business in front of visitors when they need it most – in trip planning stages and once they’ve arrived.
User-friendly and easy to navigate, SeeTorontoNow.com offers visitors the chance to preview our city before they arrive. Features include: an extensive calendar of events, content highlighting the arts, nightlife, family, pride, luxury and festivals, and a search tool which will direct visitors to exclusive member listing pages. Plus, to maximize its reach, Tourism Toronto offers the website in eight different languages, including Chinese, Japanese, French (Canadian), French (European), Spanish, German, Korean, and Portuguese. Total Visits in 2014: 3,276,571
Toronto Visitor Guide
Divided into several helpful sections, this pocket size guide makes getting around and seeing the best of Toronto easy. From Transportation, Neighbourhoods, Attractions, Restaurants and Shopping this guide is designed to maximize visitors’ time and enjoyment of the city, and your business. Distribution: 600,000 (201)
Toronto Magazine reaches travelers while they are considering or planning their Toronto area trip. It provides both practical trip-planning information along with inspiring stories and photography, bringing Toronto to life for the reader. People who contact our office or web site and request information receive the magazine, in addition to the more than 360,000 copies distributed to targeted readers in key out-of-town markets. The magazine is our most visible publication. As an added benefit for members, through a partnership with the Greater Toronto Hotel Association, our Toronto Magazine is available in hotel rooms across the region. Distribution: 360,000 (2014)
Consumer Marketing Campaigns
Targeting our many visitor markets strategically through advertising efforts, these campaigns provide our members with opportunities to be part of the promotion of our remarkable destination.
Our communications department works with hundreds of travel writers each year and distributes an e-newsletter featuring members new products and services to a database of over 1,000 travel journalists.
From citywide conventions and senior tour groups to individual inquiries, our core departments work especially hard to give your business successful leads.
Tap into our Business Events department’s sales efforts, and receive Confidential Convention Lists (CCLs) to reach meeting professionals and convention delegates. (Enhanced benefit, additional participation fees may apply. Speak to your Member Care Specialist.)
Our Client Services team assists meeting professionals with confirmed meetings and conventions in Greater Toronto. They deliver Business Opportunity Notifcations (BONs, which are qualifed leads), to members and refer only member products and services.
Members with the resources to accommodate groups beneft from working closely with our Leisure Travel Trade department. This team serves group travel markets – students, senior, FIT (independent travel), auto clubs, etc. and refer only member products and services.
Inside Industry Access
Tourism Toronto holds many exclusive events that provide a forum for members to interact and find synergies that facilitate business with one another. Upcoming events can be found in the Member Events section of our website.
Tourism Toronto continually conducts and shares extensive research on industry trends which provides your business an edge above the rest.
Maximize Your Membership
Connect With Other Members and the Tourism Toronto Team
Here are some great ways to make the most of your membership. Ask your Member Care Specialist for more information.
- Attend a Member Orientation: Learn more about how each of Tourism Toronto’s five core departments are working to bring tourism business to Toronto and deliver a remarkable destination experience to visitors.
- Update your listing: Keep your listing current and creative – your listing in Tourism Toronto publications and online is your introduction to many lucrative markets. So take the time to write colourfully and upload your logo and a photo to add visual impact by using the “Edit Member Record” function on our site.
- Start networking: Attend one of our valuable member events and use our Membership Directory to contact and collaborate with other members.
Marketing your Business
There are even more ways your Tourism Toronto membership will assist you in marketing your business to the more than 20 million visitors to the Greater Toronto each year:
- Exclusive advertising opportunities in Tourism Toronto publications (Enhanced benefit, additional participation fees may apply. Speak to your Member Care Specialist.)
- Access to local, regional, provincial and national tourism research
- Member decals to proudly display online and at your property
- Quarterly “New Product Updates” to tour operators
- Being part of a dynamic, dedicated association that truly represents and supports the GTA’s tourism industry
For More Information
Email us at email@example.com or call 416-203-2600 and ask to speak to a Member Care Representative.